10 December 2011
Environmental unit called in by SFR firefighters
Properties evacuated in alert
FIREFIGHTERS from Kirkintiloch and Bishopbriggs called in SFR's
specialist Environmental Protection Unit and a scientific advisor
just before 5pm yesterday, after reports of a strong smell of
acetone at a property in Milton of Campsie's School Lane.
Two commercial and two residential properties were
evacuated after concerns were raised over a possible gas leak at a
property above a beauty salon.
A scientific advisor subsequently confirmed the presence of
carbon monoxide at the incident, while an official from the
gas board isolated the gas supply and confirmed there was no leak.
A pregnant woman was given a precautionary check-up at the scene
for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, before being transferred
to Glasgow's Royal Infirmary.
Earlier yesterday, firefighters from Dalmellington were called
to free a woman following a road traffic collision at 9.09am on the
B741. Firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to free
the woman from the upturned vehicle, and she was transferred to Ayr
Hospital suffering from leg and neck injuries.