23 May 2012
Man taken to hospital following Stonehouse blaze
Crews remain at scene tackling fire
A MAN was taken to hospital this morning following a fire in a
takeaway restaurant in Lanarkshire.
At around 12.15am, crews from Larkhall and Strathaven were
called to New Street in Stonehouse following a number of emergency
999 calls reporting a fire.
Firefighters arrived at the scene to find that everyone inside
had managed to escape the fire but found one man, a passerby,
suffering from severe smoke inhalation. After initially being
treated at the scene with oxygen by firefighters, the man was taken
to Wishaw General Hospital for further treatment.
Firefighters used hosereel jets to tackle the blaze, which
spread to the first floor and roof space of the building. An Aerial
Rescue Pump was also used to tackle the fire.
Crews remain at the scene as firefighting operations are still